History

Cedar Park has grown by leaps and bounds over the past five decades.  In 1960 the population was just 200 and by 1970 it had grown to 687.  In 1973, the residents voted to incorporate the City of Cedar Park. The first Mayor was Kenneth Bell. The population grew to 26,049 by 2000.  In 2001 voters approved a second general Revenue Bond Issue for $60,095,000 with $45,000,000 for City Streets; $10,600,000 for Parks and related projects; $1,875,000 for Fire Fighting Facilities; $1,000,000 for Municipal Facilities; and $1,620,000 for a Police/Municipal Court Building. The same year Lakeline Boulevard was built.  In 2007, 183A Toll Road opened, along with Cedar Park’s first major shopping center, 1890 Ranch. In 2009, Cedar Park Center, a multi-sports and entertainment venue now known as H-E-B Center at Cedar Park, opened with George Strait as the featured performer.  By 2012 the population had grown to 56,567 an d is currently 80,844.  Cedar Park has been consistently ranked one of the top 20 Fastest Growing Cities the U.S. by the U.S. Census Bureau during the past ten years. Though Cedar Park has changed, the pioneering spirit that started it all continues today.